State of Nebraska and FEMA Will Open a Disaster Recovery Center in Dodge County
Tuesday, April 02, 2019
LINCOLN, Neb. – The State of Nebraska and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will open a Disaster Recovery Center at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, April 3 in Dodge County. Recovery specialists from FEMA and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) at the center will provide information on available services, explain assistance programs and help survivors complete or check the status of their applications.
Center location and hours:
Christensen Field House (Community Room)
1710 Christensen Field Road
Fremont, NE 68025
Open April 3, April 4 and April 5
7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CDT
The center will move to a new location soon, and public notice will be provided.
Nebraska homeowners, renters and business owners in Boone, Buffalo, Butler, Cass, Colfax, Custer, Dodge, Douglas, Knox, Nemaha, Richardson, Sarpy, Saunders, Thurston and Washington counties and the Santee Sioux Nation may apply for assistance for uninsured and underinsured damage and losses resulting from severe winter storm, straight-line winds and flooding.
Disaster Recovery Centers are staffed by representatives from FEMA, the SBA and other federal and local agencies. One-on-one assistance includes:
- Help registering for FEMA’s Individual Assistance program.
- Help completing paperwork and checking the status of an application.
- Help applying for the SBA’s low-interest disaster loans for businesses, private nonprofits, homeowners and renters.
- Referrals to other state, federal and voluntary organizations offering information about additional disaster assistance.
- Help understanding how to appeal FEMA eligibility decisions.
- Accommodations to meet the needs of the entire community, including people with disabilities. Centers are equipped with captioned phones, video remote interpreting and assistive listening devices.
- If you need an accommodation or assistance due to a disability, please notify FEMA staff at the time of registration or anytime during the assistance process.
Applicants for disaster assistance should have the following information on hand:
- Social Security number
- Address of the damaged primary residence
- Description of the damage
- Information about insurance coverage
- A current contact telephone number
- An address where they can receive mail
- Bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit of funds
How to Register with FEMA:
- Online, visit www.DisasterAssistance.gov.
- On a smart phone, download the FEMA app and click on “disaster resources,” then “apply for assistance online.”
- By phone, call FEMA’s toll-free registration line at 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585; or use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS). Telephone registration is available from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Central Daylight Time seven days a week.
- Visit a Disaster Recovery Center and speak to a FEMA specialist one-on-one. To find the nearest DRC, go online to FEMA.gov/DRC.
SBA disaster assistance employees are committed to helping businesses and residents rebuild as quickly as possible. SBA representatives are available to answer questions about SBA’s disaster loan program and help business owners and residents apply for low-interest disaster recovery loans.
FEMA's mission is helping people before, during, and after disasters.
Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has faced discrimination, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-3362, voice/VP/711. Multilingual operators are available. TTY users may call 800-462-7585.
The U.S. Small Business Administration is the federal government’s primary source of money for the long-term rebuilding of disaster-damaged private property. SBA helps businesses of all sizes, private nonprofit organizations, homeowners and renters fund repairs or rebuilding efforts and cover the cost of replacing lost or disaster-damaged personal property. For more information, applicants may contact SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955. TTY users may also call 800-877-8339. Applicants may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit SBA at www.SBA.gov/disaster.
FEMA Region VII News Desk:
SBA PIO (916) 200-6720
Taylor Gage (402) 471-1970
Jodie Fawl (402) 471-7428