Fremont Area Medical Center Groundbreaking Celebration
Wednesday, September 04, 2013
FREMONT, NE – September 3, 2013: Fremont Area Medical Center (FAMC) invites the public to its Groundbreaking Celebration on Thursday, September 12, at 2:00 p.m. The event will take place south of the main entrance to the Medical Center. Additional parking is available on the east side of Clarkson Street.
Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman, Fremont Mayor Scott Getzschman, and other dignitaries are expected to attend. Brief remarks and groundbreaking ceremony will be followed by a reception.
FAMC announced plans to enhance and expand the facility earlier this summer. The $42 million Building a Healthy Future project will consist of both new construction and renovation of existing areas. Plans include:
- Larger inpatient rooms
- New behavioral health program/unit
- Renovation and rebuilding of multiple areas in A. J. Merrick Manor (FAMC’s nursing home)
- Separate skilled nursing unit for orthopedic and other post-surgical patients who need additional recovery time before returning home
- New sleep center
- Relocation of Outpatient Services
- Two additional hospice suites
For the latest information on the Building a Healthy Future project, visit www.fremonthealthyfuture.com.