Fremont Business Park
In Fremont, Nebraska, industries of light manufacturing, R & D, data centers, software development, computer systems design, high-end customer service centers, technology licensing, finance and insurance related will find an attractive home in the Fremont Business Park. The Business Park offers many advantages for a data center operation too. Your business would enjoy low-cost energy, a favorable climate for outside air cooling, and proximity to Omaha’s Information Technology workforce.
Click here for Site Overview
Premier Speed-to-Market Site: The Fremont Business Park!
- 80 acres municipally-owned, shovel ready; Olsson Associates master planned site
- Redundant fiber on site; three fiber huts are located on the property and four carriers exist at or adjacent to property.
- 10MW power available with ability to grow with customer
- Power rates in the 4.5 to 4.9 cent range per kWh – Municipally-owned utilities
- Fixed rate period up to 5 yrs. available per Nebraska State law and dependent on size and scope of project
- Municipality has two sources for power backup; NPPD & OPPD through automatic interconnect agreements
- Phase I Complete-Geotechnical & soil borings Complete - no wetlands
- Lenz site assessment complete
- Olsson Associates master planning complete
- Business Park zoning – includes data centers, technology-related businesses and light industrial
- Fast permitting and able to have project up & running quickly since City approval process completed
- Fortunate proximity to Omaha means a highly abundant & educated IT workforce
- Critical equipment and IT technicians are readily accessible for the company located in Fremont, Nebraska; 20 minutes west of Omaha and 50 minutes north of Lincoln
- Municipal Airport located 1 mile from the site and able to accommodate corporate jets
- Omaha Eppley International Airport located 35 minutes from site
Having access to five carriers at the Park (Great Plains Communications, American Broadband, Neutral Path Communications,Time Warner and CenturyLink) provides redundant fiber access to Omaha, Lincoln, Kansas City, and Minneapolis.
The Elkhorn Valley Transmission line brings all the power you need starting in the Fall of 2018!
The Fremont Business Park offers many advantages to locating a data center operation in Fremont, including low-cost energy, favorable climate for outside air cooling, and proximity to Omaha’s IT workforce.
The Green Data Center Management Degree offered by Metropolitan Community College in Fremont was the most talked about feature at the 2010 Nebraska Site Selectors Tour. This program offers a data center management degree program that familiarizes the student with the physical components, design, management, support, and operations in a data center; a data center laboratory for hands-on operations experience; and customized programs for data center companies, such as the first-of-its-kind green data center management two-year degree program in partnership with IBM.
Envision your data center at the Fremont Business Park!
Metropolitan Community College in Fremont offers a data center management degree program that trains students on various aspects of data center design and management and has a hands-on working data center lab for real world training for its students. The college offers the first of its kind two year degree program in green data center management in partnership with IBM.
Click here for details on the MCC Green Data Center Management Degree.
“Through funding by the U.S. Department of Labor and in partnership with IBM, Metropolitan Community College created a 1,900 square foot data center training facility. Students experience the full range of topics including virtualization, security, site selection and design, rack and power management, HVAC requirements and troubleshooting. Our more than 1,000 information technology majors work out of the data center as part of our net-centric degree." Tom Pensabene, Dean of Information Technology and eLearning, MCC
Other technology businesses such as Software Development, R&D, Computer Systems Design, high-end Customer Service Centers, Technology Licensing, Finance and Insurance related businesses will find an attractive home in the Fremont Business Park. We will work closely with the State to offer attractive job training funding, CDBG grants and business tax incentives to companies.
The Master Engineering Plan and the flexible concept maps were developed by Olsson Associates. For Full Due Diligence Report please request by emailing email@example.com.
- World-Herald editorial: Midlands should stay in the hunt
- Omaha-Bluffs area touted as good spot for data centers
- Fidelity Announces $200 Million Data Center in Nebraska
- Fremont Companies Now Using Fiber Optics
- American Broadband Press Release
For latest utility rates click here.