Part 1: Position your Business for Success 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
The NBDC small business consulting program helps you start up a new business or improve an existing one. Services include assistance with business loan applications, planning, and developing strategies.
Aretha Prodjinotho, NBDC business consultant, will present some basic things you should know before getting started on your venture and how NBDC can help you:
Part 2: Sell to the Government to Expand your Business (12:30-1:30 p.m.)
- Develop a business plan including detailed financial projections
- Refine your target market
- Define your business goals
- Structure the administrative and operational aspects of your business
- Compare your financial estimates to industry standards
- Conduct a cash flow analysis for your business
- Complete a financing package using your financial data
NBDC helps Nebraska businesses generate new business by locating opportunities for selling goods and services to local, state and federal government agencies. NBDC provides free assistance with the registration, bidding and compliance procedures needed to compete for government contracts. Roger Johnson, an NBDC contracting counselor, will discuss basics of government sales and how NBDC can help you:
- Identify the best federal, state and local agencies for your products/services
- Develop marketing strategies
- Become a qualified government contractor
- Navigate the government registrations process
- Locate opportunities matching your capabilities
- Review and respond to those opportunities
These seminars and lunch are free, however advance reservations are due by Monday, September 23rd. You can register for one or both sessions. Lunch from 12-12:30 p.m. is included with either session.